Friday, January 24, 2020

Trust is Overrated


As I look back on my life I realize that most of the really bad things that have happened to me are the result of trusting someone. I’m not saying that I was a victim. It was ultimately my decision to trust those people, but I learned a few things:
  • If a man hits you, he will always promise to never do it again, but he will.
  • If you feel like a relationship is too good to be true, then it is.
  • Never put your name on a loan that you can’t afford to pay on your own.
  • Never lend something to someone and expect to get it back. This includes money.
  • If someone promises not to do something, expect that they will change their mind one day. Promises aren’t contracts.
  • If a person is an addict they will lie to you, talk bad about you, and steal your things… no matter how much they love you.
  • Never trust someone around your children unless you know all there is to know about them, and even then take baby steps. Trust your gut feelings. Damage to innocence is forever.
  • If you feel like something isn’t right about someone… it probably isn’t.
  • If someone is trying to talk you into doing something and you get a bad feeling about it, don’t do it. Seriously, don’t!
People will promise you the moon to get what they want, but once they get it, you are no longer a priority. You were just a means to an end. You were used.

Broken trust is especially hard when you cared for the person you trusted. They are gone, you are left with a mess or heartache and you feel betrayed. You wonder how people can care for you one minute and then just walk away knowing that they are leaving you broken.

I don’t know. I only know that trust is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed.