Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I'm the Bad Guy in Someone’s Story

I was reading someone’s blog and they wrote about being humbled by someone’s kindness. I realized that this person may have a different view about me. I can be direct, and in some ways unkind, especially when I believe that I’ve been treated unfairly. I own that. I’m accountable for that. It is who I am. I over analyze the situation. I expect the worst and my anxiety goes through the roof. Then I say the wrong things. I push the wrong buttons. I fail.

I believe that we are all the “Bad Guy” in someone’s story. I just happen to be the star in a few.

How do you deal with being a villain? You try your best to forgive yourself, learn from your mistake, and move on.

Nothing can change the past… yet… lol. You can’t force someone to forgive you. This I know for sure. I’ve been hurt by people that I trusted and it changes you. It makes you view situations through different eyes. It changes your ability to trust. I know.

I don’t blame anyone for my mistakes and failures. I made them. They are part of my story. They are part of who I am along with my successes. They are mine.

The fact that I admit that I have made these mistakes does not absolve others of theirs. I understand that I deserve apologies that I will never receive. I need to make peace with that. I strive daily to forgive others who have hurt me, but it’s difficult. By God’s grace I will one day.

We are all the bad guy in someone’s story, and we all have bad guys in ours. We'll just have to be okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed.